Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

We don't usually celebrate Valentines Day at our place but a couple of weeks ago I bought a packet of heart shaped paper doilies at the oppy so I thought I'd have a bit of fun creating a little Valentine story in our entry way.

I gathered some bits and pieces from around our home. Some hearts, my Nonna's tablecloth, thrifted treasures-vintage scrabble, fowlers jar-the perfect vase, some frames and the paper doilies of course. The lovely candle is a gift from a sweet friend, some roses from our garden-three to symbolise our three little loves, the playing card-five hearts representing our family of five, the gold piece used to hang on our bedroom wall when we first married-many moons ago seven houses ago! and a little handmade happy heart made from a thrifted doily complete with dodgy stitching and a vintage button.







And funny...the Mr was quite chuffed with my little Valentines greeting.
Hope you had a lovely day.
Do you celebrate Valentines Day?

2 comments:

Yvette Adams said...

Oh that's gorgeous Lea. I'm glad Grant noticed. Dave wouldn't have!

No we don't do presents or anything for Valentines Day either. Just a "Happy Valentines Day", and if it's a weekend I usually make a special heart shaped breakfast. This year I printed some vintage Valentine images from the internet, wrote something little on the back and put them in their lunchboxes.

karlyn Jackson said...

Very special, I remember that wall hanging, looks perfect in your display. I'm burning my exact candle as I write this....xx