Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

This week

We headed to Sydney for our big girls quarterly health check at Cystic Fibrosis Clinic.
Being almost a 5 hour drive, I treated myself to the new issue of Inside Out to read on the way. I slept for the first half of the trip and after that it was too dark for magazine reading.

Our boy lost his first tooth. Apparently, he was eating his muesli bar at recess and 'thought it was oats and spat it out on the ground'...never to be seen again! He told us he was going to dream happy dreams so that he would smile while he was asleep and the tooth fairy would see the space and know he lost his tooth (as suggested by Lola of Charlie and Lola fame)

My car wouldn't start. Thank you Pa for doing the school run-my dad is the best. Truly! Thank you Grandy for putting in a new battery. My father in law is the best. Truly!

My orchids look like this! How lucky am I? Look at their happy faces.


I mopped the floorboards! They looked fabulous and I wondered why I didn't mop them more often. Well they looked fabulous for about 5 hours. Then I saw all the crumbs and pencil shavings and family life and remembered why I don't do them more often ;)

I have eaten way more than my share of Peanut Butter Cups.

The littlest love and I went for a drive to the country oppies and picked up a few treasures...
These linens amongst other things.



The Mr had a day out at the races. I skipped it this year. The thought of dressing up, organising the little loves to be looked after and then getting up to them the next morning was put in the too hard basket. This morning we donned our winter woolies and headed to the soccer field at 8.30am. The Mr had to suck it up despite feeling the aftermath of said races. One child refused to wear her gorgeous crocheted beanie because it was 'toooo itchy' and the other complained about being cold and bored and hungry.

And this little boy...well he ran around happy and smiling.
He has certainly grown in confidence this past year.


His favourite bit though...shaking hands at the end.

Have you had a happy week? A busy week?
I still haven't read my Inside Out mag. Maybe tonight.



5 comments:

Kylie said...

Hi Lea, is that an old ironing board in your second pic? It's beautiful. I've never seen one quite like it before...
I've had a busy week, working, waiting for tradesmen, driving the girls here, there and everywhere etc. Tonight I'm in my p.j's. early and enjoying staying home and doing NOTHING!
This months Inside Out is def worth reading, I hope you get time to check it out soon x

melynda said...

wonderful post :) sounds like such a happy week x

Yvette Adams said...

Shaking hands at the end. He's such a sweetie. Glad you're enjoying the peanut butter cups. :)

Why isn't my orchid flowering?! Is it cos I need to repot it? ;)

Unknown said...

Love this post!! Your commentary made me laugh, especially about the floor boards!! Couldn't agree more! And very jealous of your beautiful orchid, mine has a few new leaves sprouting, but no sign of flowers... Yet?

Fiona said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog! Have enjoyed looking through yours ... Recognizing some vintage sheet patterns from my own stash ... Only I am too gutless to cut into them!
Looks like you have a lovely home, I love the way you are incorporating all your vintage items ... You are so lucky to keep finding so many great finds, vintage sheets are becoming more scarce in Sydney ...