Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Jubilee Celebrations

With the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations in full swing, I remembered I had a panel tucked away to make a union jack cushion for my boy's bed. I bought this panel at Spotlight and used some op shopped denim for the back, making a simple envelope closing.

I cut the panel down a little to make it an oblong shape so I had to make an insert to fit. The insert was made using some calico and a bag of filling. I probably need to make a slightly bigger insert as I like my cushions plump. For now, it will suffice.




Have you been watching the Jubilee celebrations?
Did you love Kate Middleton's STUNNING outfit as much as I did?
Did you know that you can send a message to The Queen?
Do you think she reads them?

Would you like to make your own union jack cushion?
Yes? You would?
Great! I have a panel to give away.
Just leave me a comment below.  Just say hello if you like. Open to EVERYONE!
Will draw a winner at the end of the week okay?
Giveaway closed Sunday night 10/6

4 comments:

Sheree said...

Lea your union jack pillow is so cool and looks fantastic!!! I loved Kate's outfit too...so beautiful!

Sheree xx

karlyn Jackson said...

Hello! love your cushion, it's super!

ps. thanks for the "snaps" I love them, have the three kiddos on the fridge and it makes me smile everyone time I open it, which is an awful lot.

Yvette Adams said...

Oh I love it! Does Ollie still get to have it or do you like it too much to be in his room? :)

Oh, Auntie Dot got a message from the Queen and Mr Obama for her 100th!

Fiona said...

That cushion is so cool, well done!