Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

New old clothes

Now that autumn is well and truly here,  I've been packing away the Summer wardrobe and thinking about some Winter staples. It's always a good feeling to hand down outgrown clothing and donate a few bags to the oppy. I am becoming better at this each time.

So before I pack away the Summer threads, here's a little show 'n tell of a few 'grown up' things I made myself, all upcycled from preloved linen. This pretty top was made from a beautiful tablecloth gifted from my Aunt. I wore it over a a cream singlet top with faded skinny jeans and strappy beige sandals. I have worn it more this past Summer than I would have used it so a successful upcycling project, I think.


Next up a skirt x2. I'm a bit pleased with this one because I followed a real pattern! Under instruction-and lots of encouragement- from a dear friend I stitched up the green floral skirt. And just to be sure I could remember how to read a pattern and all it's jargon, I made the second one all by my little ol' self.
I love these skirts and have worn them both quite a bit but I do find the waistband sits a fraction too high for me as it's vintage pattern. The pattern, zippers and floral sheets were all thrifted.


I also made a third skirt, a wrap skirt but it seems to be at the very bottom of my massive basket of ironing.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your table cloth top, really lovely design and use of the table cloth. Great little summer skirts, sheets are great value for sewing clothes especially pj's. I too have done a bit of recycled sewing. http://plainjanecreations.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Recycled%20sewing

Kylie said...

I love your beautiful tablecloth blouse and skirts Lea. You are so clever. I really need to spend some time getting to know my sewing machine better and learning how to read a pattern (headache +++!)

Anonymous said...

That top is gorgeous! I had never thought to use a tablecloth for a top. The colour is beautiful too. Very inspiring!

Yvette Adams said...

I love all your pieces. You're so clever!! I'm very proud of you. :)

Zara said...

All so pretty. The top is stunning. I shall have to check the stash and see if i have a tablecloth to convert.
x